Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pictures!


Guess who finally got the internet in their apartment! Someone commented that I should write more about where I live so here goes: I live in Gifu prefecture, in a city called Kakamigahara. For Japan, it is a small city, but it is far from the rural town I was expecting from communications with the people here. There are good restaurants and supermarkets, nice parks, mountains, a military airstrip- and it's only about 15 minutes to Gifu City if we want something a little more exciting to do. I'm really happy with where I ended up. I haven't been doing much travelling, but this weekend I am probably going to Kyoto. From what I remember, it's a really nice city with a lot of history. Anyway, I am mainly writing because I wanted to see if I could finally put some pictures up. So here they are. This first one is a city street festival that Val and I came across when we were trying to find a waterfall. We got distracted with all the music, dancing and food, so we never found the waterfall.


These are the kids at the first nursery school I went to. I love my job.


This is the kitchen in my apartment.


The dining room.



The funny beanbag toss at Sports Day.


1 Comments:

At October 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for the info on where you are. I think the smaller towns really are the best in Japan. Really wish I could go back and visit again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home