Thursday, February 16, 2006

Liver.

Mom, you would be proud. I remember going to the doctor when I was about 12, and finding out that I was slightly anemic. I also remember learning that eating liver would be a good cure for the problem. I just didn't like the sound of it. Then, after studying Biology in college, and finding out what the liver actually DID, I decided I would never try it. Well, I don' t know if I have already raved about how good the school lunches are here, but they are amazing! I have only had maybe two, where I didn't shovel the whole tray into my mouth (those included natto and a whole fish with the head and eggs inside). So, yesterday, when the lunch was given to me with these small, nearly black cubes of meat on it, I thought I would at least try. I asked the 2nd grade students I was eating with what it was, and after a few minutes of trying to translate things from our own languages, I confirmed that it was, in fact, "libah", or liver. So I have now tried liver. And I now know that I should have stuck to my first thoughts, and never tried it. It was disgusting. Not just because I knew what the liver does (it produces BILE!!), but also because it just kind of crumbled in my mouth and tasted horrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home